Volunteer Office Assistant
The Community Foundation for McHenry County “connects people who care with causes that matter”. We are looking for volunteers who have a heart for helping others and enjoy working to benefit local charitable organizations and people in need.
Summary: The Office Assistant will perform a variety of tasks depending on project deadlines. This will include answering phones, greeting guests and other administrative tasks as assigned by the Administrative Manager. This position helps to extend resources of The Foundation to assist staff in meeting the needs of donors, community members and local charitable organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answering phones
- Data entry
- Scheduling appointments
- Maintaining calendar for community meetings
- Must present a professional appearance and manner
- Must be dependable, punctual and detail oriented
- Must be courteous and personable when interacting with staff, volunteers and community members
- Computer skills desired
Training and Supervision:
- Attend a general volunteer orientation
- Complete office orientation for training on phone, computers and filing
- Volunteer Office Assistants are asked for a minimum service commitment of four or more hours of service per week between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.