2022 Member Ballot and Voting
It’s time to cast your vote! As a 2022 member of The Foundation’s GIVE360 Program, you have the important task of determining which McHenry County charitable organizations will be a recipient of the generosity shown by giving circle members. This year, you and the other GIVE360 members will be distributing (3) grants of $5,800 each, totaling $17,400.
The Voting Process
As a GIVE360 member, you have three (3) votes to cast. You can distribute each vote however you wish among the eligible organizations. For instance, you can:
- Cast all three votes for a single organization.
- Divide your votes, offering two votes to one organization and one vote to another.
- Or cast one vote for three different organizations.
Your ballot must be completed online or received at The Foundation office no later than Friday, February 10 at 4:00 p.m. to be included in the vote. We are unable to count late submissions.
Agencies who are eligible to receive funding must meet the following criteria:
- have an operating budget under one million dollars,
- applied for The Foundation’s Mission Grants in 2022, but were not selected or did not receive full funding for their requests,
- did not receive a GIVE360 grant the prior year.
To view the list of eligible charities and their 2022 funding requests, CLICK HERE.
To view the list of past recipients, CLICK HERE.
To vote, CLICK HERE.
We will host a reception to present the awards to our deserving charitable organizations. Stay tuned for more information!
Please make sure to include your email address and phone number when completing your online ballot or mailing in your paper ballot.
Our GIVE360 program is a giving circle program that was initiated by The Community Foundation in 2015 as a way to make philanthropy easy for any resident of McHenry County as an introduction to philanthropy for less than $1 per day. Community members make a minimum donation of $360 annually to support the needs in our community utilizing the idea of collective giving. The program provides grants to nonprofit agencies serving our neighbors and friends of McHenry County and all members vote on which organizations receive these grants each year. Half of the funds collected each year are given out as annual grants with the other 50% being endowed to ensure ongoing support in the future.
- Learning about community philanthropy and the various nonprofit organizations serving our community
- Getting more involved and making a contribution in your community
- Becoming aware and empowered about issues affecting the community
- Learning about the value and strength of collective giving
- Finding out firsthand that you do have the ability to change people’s lives
- Becoming part of the community’s solutions
- Playing a key role in providing sizable grants to support important work by our chosen nonprofit organization in our community