2020 GIVE360 Grant Recipients
Congratulations to the 2020 GIVE360 Grant Recipients. Because of the generosity of the GIVE360 members, three area non-profits were each awarded a $5,000 grant for a total of $15,000, and increased the GIVE360 Endowment Fund to nearly $135,000.
Bernie’s Book Bank - $5,000 Grant Recipient
Pictured: Deb Thielen, Executive Director, The Foundation and Darrin Utynek, Chief Executive Officer at Bernie’s Book Bank.
Family Health Partnership - $5,000 Grant Recipient
Pictured: Suzanne Hoban, Executive Director, Family Health Partnership and Lyndsey Thompson, Program Director, The Foundation.
Main Stay Therapeutic Farm - $5,000 Grant Recipient
Pictured: Deb Thielen, Executive Director, The Foundation, Shauna Egan, Director of Development, Main Stay, Casa (a rescued carriage horse); and Loriann Dowell, Executive Director, Main Stay.
Our GIVE360 program is a giving circle program that was initiated by The Community Foundation in 2015 as a way to make philanthropy easy for any resident of McHenry County as an introduction to philanthropy for less than $1 per day. Community members make a minimum donation of $360 annually to support the needs in our community utilizing the idea of collective giving. The program provides grants to nonprofit agencies serving our neighbors and friends of McHenry County and all members vote on what organizations receive these grants each year. Half of the funds collected each year are given out as annual grants with the other 50% being endowed to ensure ongoing support in the future.
Some of the key benefits to being a GIVE360 donor are:
- Learning about community philanthropy and the various nonprofit organizations serving our community
- Getting more involved and making a contribution in your community
- Becoming aware and empowered about issues affecting the community
- Learning about the value and strength of collective giving
- Finding out firsthand that you do have the ability to change people’s lives
- Becoming part of the community’s solutions
- Playing a key role in providing sizable grants to support important work by our chosen nonprofit organization in our community